Volunteers for Peace Vietnam (VPV) is looking for one program intern for the period from February 3rd, 2020 to July 31st, 2020.
1. Period of internship and time commitment
- The internship will begin on February 3rd, 2020 and end on July 31st, 2020.
- The intern is committing to a minimum of 20 hours per week. Due to work requirement, the intern sometimes may need to work in the evening or on the weekend. The intern should let VPV know as far in advance as possible on details of the planned vacation days and time off.
- The intern should inform VPV at least one month in advance of any early ending of the internship due to personal reasons.
2. Place of internship and work assignment
Title: Program intern
Place of internship: The intern will primarily work at VPV office in Hanoi. Depending on assigned tasks, the intern may work at different locations for short periods of time.
Duties: The intern will assist with:
*International volunteers related tasks
- Pick up new volunteers
- Do orientation for new volunteers
- Take care of volunteers
- Offer direct support to volunteers at VPV house, particularly when VPV staff is not presented
- Organise and coordinate events for volunteers in VPV house
- Collect feedback from volunteers instantly to update to VPV staff
- Support volunteers at project when needed or assigned
- Teach Vietnamese to volunteers when needed or assigned
- Take volunteers on city tours when needed or assigned
- Attend program team meetings and house meetings with volunteers
- Visit volunteers at project and take pictures of them at work for communication and promotion purpose
- Do evaluation for volunteers before they finish their program, when assigned
- Co-lead workcamps or groups as assigned by program team leader
* Organizational tasks
- Help VPV staff with local supporter arrangement and coordination
- Attend meetings/seminars held by VPV networks/partners in Hanoi when assigned
- Help with logistics arrangement at VPV office
* And other relevant tasks based on mutual agreement of both parties.
3. The benefits of the intern
- This is an unpaid internship. The intern is not entitled to wages or other compensation other than the experience and learning for the time spent as an intern at VPV.
- Yet, the intern is entitled to:
- free lunch at VPV on the intern’s working day at the office;
- a maximum allowance of 500,000VND/month during the first 3 months and a maximum of 1,000,000VND/month during the last 3 months, depending on work performance;
- and relevant training and mentoring to gain valuable experience for future job selection, application, and performance in the field of international voluntary service.
4. Intern requirements
We are looking for candidates with:
- a good command of English
- good communication skills
- capacity of working independently and in a team
- a sense of responsibility
- a sense of self-learning and self-improving
- good health conditions
- strong commitment for 6-month internship at VPV
Besides the above criteria, we also appreciate candidates with experiences in working with foreigners and/or capacity to speak another foreign language like French, Japanese and Korean.
5. Recruitment process
* 15/12/2019-10/1/2020: Application round
Interested candidates should fill in the application form in this link by January 10th, 2020
* 10/1/2020-14/1/2020: Application screening
* 15/1/2020: Short-listed candidates annoucement (via email)
* 17/1/2020: Short-listed candidate interviews (at VPV office)
* 20/1/2020: Selected candidate announcement (via email)
* 21/1-31/1/2020: Selected candidate confirmation (via email)
* 3/2/2020: On-job training sessions for newly recruited intern (to be confirmed upon the anouncement of the final selection result)