1. Starting time and time commitment
- The new staff is expected to start working on February 15th, 2019 with a minimum working time commitment of 15 months (3 months of probation and 12 months of official contract).
- The new staff is committing to a workload of 40 hours per week. Due to work requirement, the staff sometimes may need to work in the evening or on the weekend.
2. Work title, location and assignment
Work title: International volunteer program coordinator
Work location: The staff will primarily work at VPV office in Hanoi. Depending on assigned tasks, the staff may work at different locations for short periods of time.
Duties: The staff will be in charge of:
*International volunteers related tasks
- Pick up new volunteers
- Do orientation for new volunteers
- Take care of volunteers
- Offer direct support to volunteers at VPV house, particularly when VPV staff is not presented
- Organise and coordinate events for volunteers in VPV house
- Collect feedback from volunteers instantly to update to VPV staff
- Support volunteers at project when needed or assigned
- Teach Vietnamese to volunteers when needed or assigned
- Take volunteers on city tours when needed or assigned
- Attend program team meetings and house meetings with volunteers
- Visit volunteers at project and take pictures of them at work for communication and promotion purpose
- Do evaluation for volunteers before they finish their program, when assigned
- Prepare for and lead workcamps or groups as assigned by program team leader
* Organizational tasks
- Help with local supporter arrangement and coordination when necessary
- Attend meetings/seminars held by VPV networks/partners in Hanoi when assigned
- Help with logistics arrangement at VPV office
- Help with the work of other teams when required
* And other relevant tasks based on mutual agreement of both parties.
3. The benefits of the staff
The staff is entitled to:
- stable salary (negotiable);
- social insurance and health insurance according to Vietnam Labor laws after signing the official working contract.
- free lunch at VPV on working days at the office;
- international and multicultural working environment;
- and the opportunities to attent relevant trainings and meetings in the field of international voluntary service inside and outside Vietnam.
4. Staff requirements
We are looking for candidates with:
- a good command of English
- good communication skills
- capacity of working independently and in a team
- a strong sense of responsibility
- a strong sense of self-learning and self-improving
- strong commitment for at least 15 months working full-time at VPV
- experiences in working with foreigners or international volunteers
- experiences in social and volunteering activities
- good health conditions
- willingness to travel to other provinces or abroad for work
Besides the above criteria, we also appreciate candidates with the capacity to speak another foreign language like French, Japanese or Korean.
5. Recruitment process
* 25/12/2018-20/1/2019: Application round
Interested candidates should fill in the application form in this link by January 20th, 2019
* 21/1/2019-23/1/2019: Application screening
* 25/1/2019: Short-listed candidates annoucement (via email)
* 28-29/1/2019: Short-listed candidate interviews (at VPV office)
* 30/1/2019: Selected candidate announcement (via email)
* 31/1-10/2/2019: Selected candidate confirmation (via email)
* 12-14/2/2019: On-job training sessions for newly recruited VPV staff (to be confirmed upon the anouncement of the final selection result)
* 15/2/2019-15/5/2019: Probation period
* 1/6/2019-31/5/2019: One year labor contract with possible extension.